Springfields was the first plant in the world to produce fuel for a commercial nuclear power station. It has supplied products to customers across 11 countries since 1946.
Springfields now has nearly 1000 employees and is focussed on a safe working environment and being environmentally responsible.
The request was for an upgrade and expansion of the Baldwin Boxall VIGIL2 voice alarm system in situ (installed c2008).
The works carried out included the replacement of the Routers in the existing three systems. It was not necessary to replace the amplifier modules as the original models were in perfect working order.
Two new Eclipse4 wall-mounted units were then added to the decentralised voice alarm system on site.
Additional Project Requirements
- Update works carried out on voice alarm in-situ, whilst ensuring that a full-working system was available during operational times.
- Full site survey, including cabling, rack locations and viability for update.
- Health & Safety and risk assessments.
- Consultations with all parties concerned for system requirements, day or night works and preferred completion timings.
- Plan for works prepared and RAMs document issued.
- End user and customer updated at all times.
- Project completed over two phases as requested by the end user.
- Value engineered.
- Proven longevity of product – some original system components (installed 2008) remain in-situ as still fully functional.
- Designed for optimum efficiency.
- Five year warranty and 15 years product support.
- No licence fees – ever.
The Defence Medical Rehabilitation Centre, Loughborough, UK The UK’s new Defence Medical Rehabilitation Centre is now operational, forming the first part of the Defence